Join us for this special workshop with fibre artist, Amy Jones. In this workshop you'll create a beautiful, jewelled embroidery artwork inspired by moss in nature. Using a few basic stitches and some beading you'll create something truly unique.
The workshop will cover satin stitch, French knots, long and short stitch, Turkey work and beading, using a variety of threads and natural semi precious stones. This class is an opportunity to explore texture, colour and materials, to create your own original design. All materials provided.
This workshop is ideal for all skill levels and anyone interested in creating beauty inspired by our natural environment.Vaccination guidelines
We are so looking forward to getting back to face to face classes so we will be following public health guidelines to ensure we can keep our community as safe as possible. Requirements as follows: - All people over 16 attending classes at Hudson Street Hum prior to 1 December will need to be fully vaccinated unless they have written proof of a medical exemption.
- COVID-Safe check-ins and proof of vaccination is required for all teachers and customers.
- Unvaccinated children and teens can only attend Kids and Teen classes and must adhere to mask wearing and social distancing requirements.
* Variety of thread, including hand dyed wool, cotton, satin and metallic thread
* A piece of linen to create your work
* A Variety of glass beads, sequins and natural gemstones
* A beading needle, embroidery needle and a chenille needle
* Tea/coffee and biscuits provided What to bring: * small sharp scissors (spares available if required)
* BYO lunch/waterbottle
* Your creative self!