Join us for this special workshop with visiting fibre artist, Amy Jones. In this workshop you'll create a beautiful, jewelled embroidery artwork inspired by moss in nature. Using a few basic stitches and some beading you'll create something truly unique.
The workshop will cover satin stitch, French knots, long and short stitch, Turkey work and beading, using a variety of threads and natural semi precious stones. This class is an opportunity to explore texture, colour and materials, to create your own original design. All materials provided.
This workshop is ideal for all skill levels and anyone interested in creating beauty inspired by our natural environment.
* Variety of thread, including hand dyed wool, cotton, satin and metallic thread
* A piece of linen to create your work
* A Variety of glass beads, sequins and natural gemstones
* A beading needle, embroidery needle and a chenille needle
* Tea/coffee and biscuits provided What to bring: * small sharp scissors (spares available if required)
* BYO lunch/waterbottle
* Your creative self!